Thursday, January 27, 2011

I suck and thinking of titles

Everything here just keeps getting better! I love my life! Last night Sarah and I went out for Dinner with 3 of the other volunteers to Inka...Fe Cafe where the specials where pork and alpacca! There was a whole section for alpacca. I got a hamburger. So delicious, ordered apple juice and it was a blended apple in a glass! We also went on a 5 hour walking aventure into town and i bout an apacca sweater and a bag. So many little shops and ppl who want to sell you things. On our walk home we found a lady and daughter who have a fruit carrage and i bout a kilo of grapes and a giant watermelon. JUST PUMPED on the amount of friut there is here!
This morning i woke up at about 10 and missed my spanish lesson. It poored rain all night and was still going in the morning. Sarah and I have been just such below maitnence girls its pretty gross we hadnt showered since the hostle in lima. SO finally we showered this morning but neither of us thought to bring towel for some reason so we used our bed sheets and the water was like 3 cold drips it was great. Afer we prettied our selves up a big/ tried to hide our facial sunburns we headed out in our rainjackets to find a cab to Le Plaza De Armas wich costs about 50cents we quickly realized that neither of us had written down our adress at the orphange to get back home after... so we went with it. We went for breakfast at a Cafe where the menu was in english. I had french toast because I LOVE SURUP. It got super hot out after breakfast and our goal was to find somewhere that sold towels. That was a fail. We climped up to a high point of the city and saw some beautiful veiws played on a sea sawI ended up buys a fewww things because there are just hundreds of shops selling colourful things. I bought clown pants. I love them. We found a cab and showed him a picture of a statue that was kind of near where we live and he drove us to it. THen we walked back and ran through some hectic construuction zones with crazy trafic and slipped into a mud puddle and got the dirtiest foot. We god lost like we ussually do but finally made it back and changed into our clown pants and headed to the park with the kids. I played a mean game of soccer with the boys, my team got pwned but despite the score i impressed myself with a head butt and a GOAL. The kids call me ¨sista¨ and they kept reasuring me that i was doing ¨good¨ event when i would ranticly just kick the ball away to the other team. We got credit because us clowns where the only girls to join in. I got way to hot after about an hour so i had to change out of my clown pants and go fetch some water. Came back and chilled with the girls and the younger boys in their fort bechind the bleachers. Then i got my hair done by the cutest little girl. At dinner last night we talked about some of the life stories the orphans have. Holy crap. A sister and brother that are here now used to sell lolipops on the street. Anderson, a boy here who makes amazing bracelets used to legitemately be a bank robber, with a gun and everything. He also used to have to carry his drunken mentally ill father up the stairs everything when he was about 6 so his muscle are over produced and deformed. Another little boy used to just stay out late because his parents didnt care, one night he came home, got raped by his security gaurd, passed out, the gaured mistaked him for dead...put him in a bag and threw him in the river.... to be found the next morning and sent to the orphanage. This boggles my mind! THey are the most aborable kids and i love them so much they have so much love to give.

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment