Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Si

The other night I went out for a really fancy dinner to say farewell to one of the volunteers that I had only met the day before, we went to a reastaurant called the fallen angle. The most interesting restaurant i have ever seen. Crazy animal print couches, heart shaped couches... art everywhere, angles hanging from the ceiling... our table was a claw foot bath tup filled with water rocks and fish! with glass over top. I ordered a strawberry dac and ALPACCA. I just had to do it..apparently it has no colesteral! haha It was acctually delicious i loved it and didnt even feel bad about eating my pets.. it looks just like steak!

This morning I went to a Juvey, all teenage boys. I helped teach them english and I was kind of paired with two boys. One named Denis who was 19 and pretty good at english he was pretty cool and really liked saying my name and was interested in every aspect of my life. THe other was name Pacco. Pacco really just didnt understand english. He kind of reminded me of my self. The work sheet they were doing had simple things like.. matching sentances.. Who is that woman? She is my sister. .. Is your car blue? No it is black... To me it was so simple but it reminded me of what we used to do in french and i just didnt get it at all because i didnt know enough of the vocab or grammer.. SO i helped him out but he still just sat there and looked at me. Then he looked at my rists full of bracelets i have bought here. He traded me a string one for his silver charm bracelets lacking charms...I like my new one way better and how cool is that, that i got a bracelet from a boy in a peruvian juvey. After we finished the work sheets we read a little book about osme guy finding a man on the street.. the storry didnt really make any sense.. The teacher is a girl from holand teaching spanish kids english.. haha
Later we made drug awaerness posters the best one is being chosen to get blown up and posted on the wall. I was handed a little bag of liquid with christmas art all over it... I openned it up like the boys and drank it. It was chocolate soy milk...my fav..so random. I really loved being there. When we left Denis yelled out to me EMMA!!! and i looked back to him.. SEE YOU TOMORROW he said. Hahaha
For the rest of the day I hung out with the orphans.. i have become pretty great buddies with all of them and dont want to think about saying good bye. I ate lunch with them today and it seemed to last hours. Then we had a birthday party for this old lady.. Best birthday party ive ever been too! Pinyata, Cake, Soda, Dancing; black eyed peas... super fun! Its pretty cold out today i heard some thunder earlier.. yesterday it Pooooored rain but was really hot in the morning. The weather here changes in the blink of an eye! 4 new volunteers arived today so there are about 15 now! 3 of them are named Emma.. and 10 of them are from the UK 2 form peru one form korrea and then sarah and I. Who let the dogs out is playing right now in the cafe. Im going to go fetch some dinner nowwww!
XX
ps i never read what i right before i post it so just enjoy my terrible spelling and all the mistakes.. im sure its just like the way i talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment